[vtkusers] manipulating a cloud of points

Janet Kim janet at dragonflyesque.com
Thu Apr 20 15:53:40 EDT 2006

Hi Clement,

1) I believe that you can just set up a vtkPolyData so that each
    point in the cloud has a vertex.  Then just input the
    vtkPolyData to your mapper, etc.
2) If it is in 3D, you can set up a vtkBoxWidget to encase
    the points you want to select, then vtkClipPolyData
    will help you get the ids of the points inside the boxWidget.
    You can also use vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry, I think.  This
    method doesn't let the user draw a rectangle, but you can
    manipulate the pose and position of the bounding box so that
    the points you want are selected.

janet