[vtkusers] how can I start for a example of VTK in Window

Angela126 www hjwang126 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 26 05:15:46 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am  a beginner for VTK, now I want to learn VTK for my work, I downloaded
a version of VTK in window platform( visual studio net 2003 for c++ ), also
I used CMake to build all liberaries, and look at "How do I build the
examples on the PC running Windows?" in VTK FAQ, but now I want to load a
example of VTK, i.e
C:\VTK-4.2-LatestRelease\VTK\Examples\Tutorial\Step1\Cxx\cone.cxx,  I can
complie it but can not link it, the error messages are

Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: class vtkCamera * __thiscall vtkRenderer::GetActiveCamera(void)"
(__imp_?GetActiveCamera at vtkRenderer@@QAEPAVvtkCamera@@XZ) referenced in
function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static class vtkActor * __cdecl vtkActor::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkActor@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static class vtkPolyDataMapper * __cdecl
vtkPolyDataMapper::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkPolyDataMapper@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
referenced in function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkRenderer@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: static class vtkRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkRenderWindow::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkRenderWindow@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: void __thiscall vtkCamera::Azimuth(double)"
(__imp_?Azimuth at vtkCamera@@QAEXN at Z) referenced in function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: void __thiscall vtkPolyDataMapper::SetInput(class vtkPolyData *)"
(__imp_?SetInput at vtkPolyDataMapper@@QAEXPAVvtkPolyData@@@Z) referenced in
function _main
Cone error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport)
public: void __thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)"
(__imp_?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@QAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z) referenced in function
_main
Cone fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Thank you very much

angela