[vtkusers] vtk 4.2 and 4.4 install problems on Mac OS X Tiger; event handling problems

Jason Yerardi jyerardi at cs.ohiou.edu
Thu Sep 22 15:57:23 EDT 2005

Thanks so much for the extra help. I am now getting closer to have a
complete working install, but there is a still a Tcl issue.

I've installed vtk-py23. Now I have both mouse and keyboard activity
for compiled C++ projects, but...

For the Step5 and Step 6 Tcl cone tutorials, I get only a blank
window; and for their compiled C++ counterparts, I get a bus error
(window doesn't even pop up). With version 4.2, the windows would pop
up, I just wouldn't have interactivity. The other Cone tutorials work
fine for both Tcl and C++ projects.

Since the Step5 and Step6 tutorials use the interactive renderer, one
would guess that there's a Mac problem with the window interactor.
BUT, I am able to compile DataInteractor/[Cube and Arrays] and run
them with both keyboard and mouse interactivity. However, when I try
to run the Tcl Arrays.tcl script, I again get just a blank window.

So, the problem doesn't always behave in the same way. Does anyone
know what may be the source of this strange problem?

Meanwhile, I am also building from CVS source. I'll post back when I
find out if and how it works after it compiles.

Thanks for all the advice.

Jason