[vtkusers] urgent: update VTK

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Sep 13 09:45:57 EDT 2005

Renaud Isabelle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your replies.
>
> I think you are right: downloading only files I need obviously doesn`t
> work. I really would like to get the new release by CVS.
>
> However, by using both command shell and WinCvs, I don't manage to login
> to CVS. Here is the response:
>
> *cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:/cvsroot/VTK login
> Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:2401:/cvsroot/VTK
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to public.kitware.com:2401 failed: Aucune
> connexion n'a pu être établie car l'ordinateur cible l'a expressément
> refusée. *

There is something a bit weird in your command line :
  :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:2401:/cvsroot/VTK
                                            ^ should not be there

Could you try instead:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at public.kitware.com:2401/cvsroot/VTK login

also make sure with your admin system that you are not behind a firewall
(although the error message would be different in this case... never
know). the solution in this case would be to use cvsgrab (http://sf.net)

> In other words, it says that no connection could have been done
> because remote server refuses it.  Do you know why? There don't have any
> other way to get this new release?
>
> Unfortunately, in my lab, no one is using CVS..... :-(

Oh I see, you mean you use subversion, right ;-)

Mathieu