[vtkusers] Interpreting colors on a polydata surface

Kevin Wilson kwilson at imaging.robarts.ca
Mon Oct 24 13:34:25 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I've been working on this problem for a while, but yet can't find a good
solution.  I have a heart surface in the form of polydata and I would like
to color it based on the electrical activity.  The problem is that the
polydata has about 33000 points, and I only have the electrical information
for about 100 of them.

So, I can obviously color the 100 points correctly, but I would like the
entire heart to be interpolated with color based on these 100 points.  What
is happening so far is I'm getting a red heart with 100 spots on it.

Any ideas with interpolating, thresholding, or creating a texture map would
help a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin