[vtkusers] Interpreting colors on a polydata surface

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Mon Oct 24 13:58:38 EDT 2005

Hi Kevin,

I can propose a method that might work (no guarantees, though):

1) make a smaller polydata that only contains the point for which you
have data
2) use vtkDelaunay3D to generate cells for the polydata
3) use vtkImplicitDataSet to create an ImplicitFunction from the data
4) use vtkProbeFilter to interpolate the data onto the full data set

The big "if" is that I have no experience with vtkImplicitDataSet...
can anyone else chime in to say whether it will work for this?

If it doesn't work, then you can try a more complicated process involving
vtkGaussianSplatter.  The idea is that vtkGaussianSplatter can be used
to "splat" the data values into a vtkImageData, and then you
can use vtkImplicitVolume to turn the ImageData into an
ImplicitVolume that vtkProbeFilter can use.

 - David