[vtkusers] Relative paths in MacOS libraries

David Flitney flitney at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 07:06:21 EDT 2005

On 22 Oct 2005, at 09:58, Martin Costabel wrote:

> David Flitney wrote:
>> I'd like to include VTK libraries in the Frameworks directory of a
>> .app bundle but the libraries are not being built with the relative
>> paths, i.e.: @executable_path:../Frameworks/<libraryname>. I believe
>> this symbolic "install_name" needs to be set when the library is
>> built. Does anyone know if I can set some options in the VTK build to
>> achieve this?
>> I'm currently using CMake 2.3-20051006 and the HEAD of the VTK5.1
>> sources.
>
> For the Fink package, I am using the cmake option
>
> CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING="-L/sw/lib -install_name
> /sw/lib/vtk/\`basename <TARGET>\`"
>
> You can try to adapt your install_name correspondingly by setting
>
> CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING="@executable_path/../Frameworks/
> \`basename <TARGET>\`"

This looks great! Sadly I don't get expansion of the <TARGET> tag, i.e.
I always get: -install_name "@executable_path/../Frameworks/`basename
<TARGET>`" as the generated option. Any thoughts?

--
Cheers, Dave

Dave Flitney, IT Manager
Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
E:flitney at fmrib.ox.ac.uk W:+44-1865-222713 F:+44-1865-222717