[vtkusers] Relative paths in MacOS libraries

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 22 04:58:08 EDT 2005

David Flitney wrote:
> I'd like to include VTK libraries in the Frameworks directory of a .app
> bundle but the libraries are not being built with the relative paths,
> i.e.: @executable_path:../Frameworks/<libraryname>. I believe this
> symbolic "install_name" needs to be set when the library is built. Does
> anyone know if I can set some options in the VTK build to achieve this?
>
> I'm currently using CMake 2.3-20051006 and the HEAD of the VTK5.1 sources.

For the Fink package, I am using the cmake option

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING="-L/sw/lib -install_name
/sw/lib/vtk/\`basename <TARGET>\`"

You can try to adapt your install_name correspondingly by setting

CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS:STRING="@executable_path/../Frameworks/\`basename
<TARGET>\`"

or something similar.

--