[vtkusers] Deprecated includes in VTK

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Nov 23 10:40:29 EST 2005

On 2005-11-23 09:07, David Cole said:

>On Nov 22, 2005, at 11:53 PM, Mike Jackson wrote:
>
>> Is it really this hard to compile VTK?
>
>It really shouldn't be, but yes, sometimes it is... :-

:)

>You'll notice that the top 7 dashboards of VTK at http://
>public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=vtk are all Macintosh builds
>with various configurations. You'll also notice that they are all
>make-based dashboards, not Xcode. As soon as we get VTK building
>reliably with Xcode, you'll see an Xcode based Nightly dashboard of
>VTK appear...

Just a little note here... when you see Mac users saying they are "using
Xcode 2.2" I suspect they probably aren't referring to the
CMAKE_GENERATOR option.  On OS X, to even have gcc/make/ld/etc. on your
system, you have to install "Xcode", which is not only the name of the
GUI IDE, but the collective name for all development related things.

So as is often the case in the computer field, the terminology is
overloaded. :)

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com