[vtkusers] vtk+mpich2

fabio depascalis fabio.depascalis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 06:45:20 EST 2005

Hi vtk users,

  I need Help about ParallelIsoTest example

  I'm trying to use vtk + Mpich2 so I have built the vtk.dsw using cmake

 I have used cmake with this parameters :

 VTK_USE_PARALLEL ON

VTV_USE_PATENTED ON

VTK_USE_MPI ON

VTK_MPI_PREFLAGS -NP 2

VTK_MPI_MAX_NUMPROCS  2

VTK_MPIRUN_EXE c:\programmi\mpich2\bin\mpiexec.exe

MPI_LIBRARY c:\programmi\mpich2\lib\mpi.lib

MPI_INCLUDE_PATH c:\programmi\mpich2\include

MPI_EXTRA_LIBRARY c:\programmi\mpich2\lib\mpe.lib

 So I had error compiling vtkMPIController.cxx and
vtkMPICommunicator.cxxthat I solved adding this line

at the beginning of the code

 #define MPICH_SKIP_MPICXX

 Now I can compile and link the example: ParallelIsoTest

 But when I LAUNCH: mpiexec –np 2 ParallelIsoTest.exe

 Nothing happen….

   Thanks in advance.