[vtkusers] vtkCamera::Zoom(...) Not Working!

Istvan Matis i_matis at yahoo.de
Mon May 23 08:52:33 EDT 2005

Hello Vtk Users!

I have a problem using vtkRenderer (or vtkCamera??): when I am trying to zoom the active camera, after a a ResetCamera() call, it works, but only a few times.

If I call repeatedly these operations the zoom doesn't seem to work anymore. This happens usually after the 30th call of the code below (for example when I want to visualize repeatedly consecutive images):

 m_Renderer->ResetCameraClippingRange();
 m_Renderer->ResetCamera();
 m_Renderer->GetActiveCamera()->Zoom(2);        //Works only for the first 30-32 times. Why?
 m_RenderWindow->Render();

I'm using VTK 4-4-latestRelease, Windows XP, Visual C++6.

Why does this happen? How can I fix the problem? That is, how can I keep the camera always zoomed?

Thanks in advance,
Istvan