[vtkusers] why vtkEventQtSlotConnect is not included in QVTK library from VTK's CVS

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Mar 8 14:52:22 EST 2005

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:29:36 +0100
> From: Michael Dussere <dussere at labri.fr>
> Subject: [vtkusers] why vtkEventQtSlotConnect is not included in QVTK
> 	library from VTK's CVS
> To: vtkusers at vtk.org
>
> Hi,
> I'm using the QVTKWidget from the CVS-version library QVTK. I found in
> the example GUI/Qt/Events there are two classes (vtkEventQtSlotConnect
> and vtkQtConnection) for mixing the events of Qt and VTK (coming from
> Sandia like QVTKWidget). I wonder why the two classes have not been
> inserted directly in the QVTK library, it would be great.
>
> Does anybody has the explanation ? Is there some problem with the
> classes ? or is it just because they don't satisfy VTK coding standards
> yet ?
> Will these classes be inserted in QVTK soon ?
>
> Michael

There is no real reason, except that I was focused on the widget.
It is now part of QVTK, with some minor tweaks.  So you can update from CVS to get it.
Just to be clear, it can be used to connect more than just to QVTKWidget's interactor (as the example illustrates).
It can connect any vtkObject's events to Qt slots.

Thanks,
Clint