回复: [vtkusers] Texture mapping on a 3D surface.

Dai Qiang dqreg at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Jun 8 04:48:32 EDT 2005

Hello Jens,

Try using
vtkPolyData->GetPointData()->SetScalars()
vtkMapper->ScalarVisibilityOn()

Jens Ivar Jørdre <jensivar at fmri.no> дµÀ£º
Howdy.

Here comes a question from someone who quite recently started using VTK
4.2 on Windows XP. So far I've used VTK to visualize a tessellated
surface of the brain reconstructed from MR images.

I then want to move on to color the surface in grey tones according to
voxel intensities of the surface points. I first tried to use vtkTexture
to load a (3D) vtkImageData filled with voxel intensities from the MR
image volume. However, since vtkTexture only supports 2D texture maps I
had to give up this effort.

Then I've tried to assign texture coordinates to the points that define
the tessellated surface, but I see no effect on the surface rendered.
Does anyone have some example for me to look at? I don't find relevant
suggestions in the examples shipped with VTK.

Kind regards
Jens Ivar Jørdre