[vtkusers] Re: Texture mapping on a 3D surface.

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Jun 8 05:38:08 EDT 2005

Hi Jens,

Use vtkProbeFilter with your (vtkPolyData) tessellated surface as the input
and your (vtkImageData) MR image volume as the source. The output will be
the same vtkPolyData as the input with some point scalar values sampled from
the source.

hth,

Goodwin

"Jens Ivar Jørdre" <jensivar at fmri.no> wrote in message
news:42A6ADF7.60600 at fmri.no...
Howdy.

Here comes a question from someone who quite recently started using VTK
4.2 on Windows XP. So far I've used VTK to visualize a tessellated
surface of the brain  reconstructed from MR images.

I then want to move on to color the surface in grey tones according to
voxel intensities of the surface points. I first tried to use vtkTexture
to load a (3D) vtkImageData filled with voxel intensities from the MR
image volume. However, since vtkTexture only supports 2D texture maps I
had to give up this effort.

Then I've tried to assign texture coordinates to the points that define
the tessellated surface, but I see no effect on the surface rendered.
Does anyone have some example for me to look at? I don't find relevant
suggestions in the examples shipped with VTK.

Kind regards
Jens Ivar Jørdre