[vtkusers] Re: linux VTK CVS build , undefined symbol: _ZTV24vtkVolumeRayCastFunction ???

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:06:36 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Dan White <dan at chalkie.org.uk> wrote:
> so it looks like the CVS version is broken for libvtkRendering.so
> on linux?

A CVS checkout from 2005-07-19 worked for me on Linux, including
Python bindings.  I had a problem similar to yours, but that was
because I was explicitly importing the patented kit and the old
library was still lying around in my build directory.

Perhaps you could double check that there are no old libraries lying
around somewhere on your PYTHONPATH or your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Other
than that, you could try reverting to 2005-07-19.  Although the
dashboard wasn't looking too healthy on that day, it was working fine
on my rig.  cvs udpate -D 20050719 -dP is your friend. :)

Good luck,
Charl

c.p.botha ||at|| ewi.tudelft.nl - tu delft work-related email
cpbotha ||at|| cpbotha.net - everything else