[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with DevCpp and MinGW

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Jul 20 09:44:42 EDT 2005

It sounds like you have VTK_WRAP_TCL turned on. I'm not sure if TCL
wrapping will work from a MinGW compile, unless there's a MinGW
supported version of Tcl/Tk that you can install. You'll need the libs
to link against.

Has anybody out there done a Tcl wrapped build of VTK under MinGW?

Do you still get that error if you set VTK_WRAP_TCL to OFF when you
configure with CMakeSetup?
Do you need TCL wrapping?

HTH a little bit,
David