[vtkusers] building VTK will Visual studio 6 on windows xp

vapor direku direku at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:04:02 EDT 2005

Thanks Ian, I saw that page before, but my intention is to use python
wrapped on vtk.

Now it seems that the compiler flags /Wno-deprecated AND -mwin32 come from
the variable
VTK_REQUIRED_CXX_FLAGS. This variable is set from cmake by using the
initialization file
CMakeList.txt under the root directory of the source VTK.

This setting is trigered by the architecture of the computer. I don't read
any "Visual C++ compiler" AND "win32 platform", which are my inputs.

In additon to Visual studio 6, I have Dev-Cxx installed on my computer, does
this confuse Cmake?!

Bottom line, what kind of __required__  flags (instead of the two above
problematic flags)
does my compiler need to build the vtk?

Anyone any punch line?