[vtkusers] How to create a voxel mesh?

David Dupuis ddupuis1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:36:56 EDT 2005

Hi everybody!

I'm actually trying to do what is called the "voxelization" of a
structure in order to import it into a finite element software. Many
articles talk about the voxelization of a structure, but nobody say
how to do it (they don't describe because the procedure seems to be
well known).

Does anybody can tell me how to do, starting from the point that I'm
actually generating 2D/3D structures starting with BMP files, making
thresholding, applying contour filters. I wonder if I may use the
vtkvoxelmodeller function ?

Thanks!

David