[vtkusers] wkVTKRWI with customized event handling?

Sven Prevrhal sven.prevrhal at radiology.ucsf.edu
Wed Jul 13 11:38:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am using wxvtkRenderWindowInteractor and am trying to catch some events
with the AddObserver method to a vtkInteractorStyleSwitch. This does not
seem to work properly!

ist = widget.GetInteractorStyle()  # returns vtkInteractorStyleSwitch
ist.AddObserver("CharEvent", OnChar)
def OnChar(obj, event):
    print(event)

prints "CharEvent" as expected, but event processing continues for some keys
such as f (flies to pick spot), but not for others, e.g. 't', (toggle to
trackball mode).

ist.AddObserver("LeftButtonPressEvent", OnLeftMouseButtonDown)
def OnLeftButtonDown(self, obj, event):
    print('Ha')

doesn't seem to be called at all!

I know I could use the wx event mechanism but I'd like to avoid it to stay
independent of wx.

I am wondering whether anybody else might have identified the same problems:

--

Sven Prevrhal, Ph.D.

Department of Radiology

University of California, San Francisco