[vtkusers] vtk on Linux resets X -- cornering the error

Cesar Rabak csrabak at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jul 2 15:35:50 EDT 2005

--- Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>
escreveu:

> Cesar,

[snipped]
> 	You can also build(install) Mesa on your linux
> system, then to force at

My distro has Mesa 6.0.1 as a ready made package, so I
installed it.

The package manager automatically de-installs the
xfree gl and glu packages.

> run the use of Mesa's opengl implementation, just do
> something like:
>
> export LD_PRELOAD=/opt/Mesa/lib/libGL.so
>
> then run the test.

So due the above I didn't need to export the variable.

I ran the tests and now no blowing of X server
anymore!

The summary of a 'make test' is the following:

98% tests passed, 9 tests failed out of 458

The following tests FAILED:
        356 - multiLineText-image (Failed)
        373 - TestFreetypeTextMapperBigger-image
(Failed)
        377 - TestTkRenderWidgetPython-image (Failed)
        378 - TestTkRenderWindowInteractorPython-image
(Failed)
        379 - HeaderTesting-Rendering (Failed)
        401 - BoxWidget (Failed)
        450 - xyPlot-image (Failed)
        451 - xyPlot2-image (Failed)
        453 - xyPlot4-image (Failed)
make: ** [test] Erro 8

Far better!

I'll investigate why these remaining tests fail and if
I get running in circles I'll start other thread.

Thanks,

--
Cesar Rabak