[vtkusers] vtk on Linux resets X -- cornering the error

Cesar Rabak csrabak at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jul 2 12:45:21 EDT 2005

Salut Mathieu!

--- Mathieu Malaterre <mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com>
escreveu:

> Cesar,
>
> 	Can you remind us your plateform (debian,
> redhat...) ?

Platform here is Conectiva 10. This is the result of
uname:

Linux fuba.rabak.org 2.6.11-72032U10_16cl #1 Sat Mar
19 00:58:12 BRT 2005 i686unknown unknown GNU/Linux

> If you are using

I'm not, see below.

> an ATI and the fglrx driver: export the following
> variable:
>
> export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1
>
> then run the test again.
>
> 	If you are using nvidia...well it should not seg
> fault :)

Well this is encouraging as I'm running on a box with
NVidia card, but not the (factory) NVidia drivers.

> 	You can also build(install) Mesa on your linux
> system, then to force at
> run the use of Mesa's opengl implementation, just do
> something like:
>
> export LD_PRELOAD=/opt/Mesa/lib/libGL.so
>
> then run the test.

I'll go after this and report the results once I
finish them.

Thanks,

--
Cesar Rabak

> Mathieu
> Ps: This test is runing fine on a great variety of
> plateforms, I'd

I see.

> rather suspect a broken OpenGL implementation or a
> problem with XFree86
> (can you try X.org instead ?).

The OpenGL alternative (Mesa) is easier than going to
X.org. Will see how hard it is to get one suitable to
my installation.