[vtkusers] vtk on Linux resets X -- cornering the error

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Fri Jul 1 21:56:06 EDT 2005

Cesar,

	Can you remind us your plateform (debian, redhat...) ? If you are using
an ATI and the fglrx driver: export the following variable:

export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1

then run the test again.

	If you are using nvidia...well it should not seg fault :)

	You can also build(install) Mesa on your linux system, then to force at
run the use of Mesa's opengl implementation, just do something like:

export LD_PRELOAD=/opt/Mesa/lib/libGL.so

then run the test.

Mathieu
Ps: This test is runing fine on a great variety of plateforms, I'd
rather suspect a broken OpenGL implementation or a problem with XFree86
(can you try X.org instead ?).