[vtkusers] vtk on Linux resets X -- cornering the error

Cesar Rabak csrabak at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jul 1 21:43:29 EDT 2005

In the trial process of drilling down to the error, I
managed to build a vtk using system libraries (thansk
Mathieu :-).

Then, the error persists. When, be it via ctest, make
test, or calling manually, the TestTiling.tcl /still/
causes a failure of enough gravity to reset the X
server.

Well I can say it is expected the problem to be in VTK
code!

Afterwards I did the following exercise:

1) Ran vtk from the command prpomt, obtaining an
interpreter for Tcl commands.

2) Typed line by line the contents of TestTiling.tcl.

3) The bug manifests when the w2i Update
(TestTiling.tcl:84) is entered.

Any ideas?

--
Cesar Rabak