[vtkusers] Rotating vtkActor2D subclasses?

Charles Boivin Charles.Boivin at rwdi.com
Mon Jan 24 13:40:34 EST 2005

Hello all,

Is there any way to rotate actors derived from vtkActor2D? I am using
vtkCubeAxesActor2D to show the outer dimensions of a vtkImageData
structure. The (3D) actors that are displayed from the data stored in
this vtkImageData have the ability of being rotated using the
vtkProp3D::vtkRotateWXYZ() member function. However, if I rotate, say
the actor representing the outline of my vtkImageData object, then my
vtkCubeAxesActor2D does not rotate with it. Actually, I guess I do not
want to actually rotate the whole actor, but just to make sure the axes
follow the actual outline of the domain as it is being displayed.

What would be the solution to this? Any ideas / suggestions from the
people on this list?

Thank you.

Charles Boivin