[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice : scalar value range altered? (by cubic interpolation)

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Mon Jan 24 14:00:27 EST 2005

Hi Marius,

That's just how vtkImageReslice's cubic interpolation works.  If you
have 4 nodes and you draw a cubic curve that passes through them, it
should be immediately apparent that sometimes the range of the curve
will exceed the range of the nodes.

Currently vtkImageReslice does not support B-spline interpolation,
which would solve your problem.  This is something I've been thinking
of adding for a long time (it wouldn't be much work, only the testing
is a pain) so it will probably make it into VTK 5.0.

 - David