[vtkusers] Spaceball support

Dade dade_gasp at tin.it
Thu Jan 13 12:37:28 EST 2005

Hi

I have integrate a SpaceBall (2003, an old model) with VTK. I used the
3DxWare SDK downloaded from www.3DConnexion.com
But the SDK only works on windows machine, so the code isn't portable
accross different SO
I used MFC & VTK + SDK, there's an example to how use SDK with MFC (in
SDK docs) and how use VTK with MFC (in VTK docs)

The first goal is to integrate the device, receive values from it and
attach them to the camera
If you want use values to rotate/translate an object (not the entire
scene), you must use a 6DOF VTK Interactor, I think.....but I don't know how

bye
dade.