[vtkusers] Spaceball support

Sean Richards sean at millwood.ca
Thu Jan 13 10:53:38 EST 2005

Sorry if you already got this message. I received a notice that the e-mail bounced so I am sending it agian.

Hello and happy new year!

I am trying to integrate a spaceball with vtk. Spaceball has an SDK associated with it for interfacing with the different buttons and events that the spaceball produces. I have been trying to figure out exactly how to integrate the spaceball with vtk, but have yet to have any success. Could someone please tell me if:

1 - There is anyone out there that has created classes to allow spaceball to work with vtk

2 - How I might go about changing/adding to the vtk tree to add this support

My end goal is to use the spaceball instead of a mouse to move actors, rotate them etc.

Thanks so much for your time!

Sean