[vtkusers] Visualisation non linear cells

Soeren Gebbert soeren.gebbert at inpro.de
Fri Jan 21 08:46:31 EST 2005

Hi Jhon,
thank you for your answer,
i just implement a 9 node biquadratic quad, a 27 node triquadratic
hexahedron,  a 6 node quadratic-linear quad
and a 12 node quadratic-linear wedge in VTK 4.5.
I think i dont want to improve the triangulation system to add new
nodes, i just take care that the contour
algorithm is geometric conform to the triangulation (looks nicer). With
these new types i dont need
Subdivide() to add temporary points for clipping and contouring :D.
Maybe my companie allows my to
contribute this code ... .

I took a look at vtkGenericCellTessellator and i hope to use this
helperclass to create curved surfaces.

Best Regards
soeren