[vtkusers] This old "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit"!!!
saveez at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 06:45:01 EST 2005
Here is my set-up:
JDK 126.96.36.199 for x86_64
Fedora Core 3 X86_64
It was not straight to compile vtk under these prefs; the trick was to build
ccmake for the 64-bit arch and then link the libs to the 64-bit version of
the GL libs. I also needed to have the vtk javabeans, so I set the java
parser to the javabeans parser and compiled the bean jar successfully. The
jar includes the required manifest file.
The problem is when I want to run a minimal java example, by importing the
jar bean into BDK, I get this old error:
at vtk.vtkObject.VTKInit(Native Method)
The following solutions have been tried:
- The libraries are in the path as checked by:
- The libraries are loaded in the BDK code:
<and the rest>
- The libraries are NOT mangled as checked by nm:
# nm /usr/local/lib64/vtk/libvtkCommonJava.so |grep vtkObject_VTKInit
000000000009393c T Java_vtk_vtkObject_VTKInit
- Note that the installed java binaries are in fact 64-bit which is in
consistant with the compiled vtk binaries (64-bit again).
- I have tried the same experiment under (32-bit) win xp and got exactly the
I do not know what I am missing here. Any clues would be appreciated.
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!
More information about the vtkusers