[vtkusers] help vtkPropPicker

Luis Alberto Pereira l.a.pereira at uol.com.br
Mon Jan 3 08:53:36 EST 2005

I'm having  dificult  with vtkPropPicker. I'm not getting an apropriate
sensibility on WM_MOUSEMOVE event in WinProc in view class.

I just get actor in winProc after press "p" over any actor in view and not
when the WM_MOUSEMOVE is invoked.

I would like obtain the same effect off key pressed "p", but in WM_MOUSEMOVE
event moment.

Cam someone help me ?

My code in cview class is:

a) Constructor method:

this->iren                       = vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::New();

this->irenStyle               = vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera::New();

this->iren->SetInteractorStyle(irenStyle);

this->picker                   = vtkPropPicker::New();

iren->SetPicker(picker);

b) WinProc method:

vtkActor  *actor = NULL;

int x = 0;

int y = 0;

switch (message)

{

            case WM_LBUTTONDOWN:

            case WM_LBUTTONUP:

            case WM_MBUTTONDOWN:

            case WM_MBUTTONUP:

            case WM_RBUTTONDOWN:

            case WM_RBUTTONUP:

            case WM_MOUSEMOVE:

                        actor = (vtkActor*) ((vtkPropPicker*)
this->iren->GetPicker())->GetProp();

                        if (actor != NULL)

                            actor->GetProperty()->SetColor(1.0, 0.0, 0.0);

            case WM_CHAR:

            case WM_TIMER:

                       if (this->iren->GetInitialized())

                       {

                         return vtkHandleMessage2(this->GetSafeHwnd(),
message, wParam, lParam, this->iren);

                        }

                        break;

            }

            return CView::WindowProc(message, wParam, lParam);

}

Thanks,

Luis Alberto