[vtkusers] approach to overlay drawing on a 2D image

Alexis H. Rivera-Rios ahrivera at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 15:13:33 EST 2005

Hi,

I will appreciate if someone can tell me an approach
to do the following:

I want to visualize the output of an image processing
algorithm which detects objets on an image.  After the
algorithm runs I want to draw the 2D gray scale input
image and colored circles around the detections.

Using vtkImageData, I'm able to draw the image.  But I
don't know what to do about the circles.

I'd like to be able to add them as actors in the scene
so I can control their position.

I tried using the vtkImageCanvasSource2D, but I didn't
have any luck specifying the image.

Has anybody done something similar?  Any ideas on how
to approach this problem?

Thanks,
Alexis

=====
Programming Tutorial:
In Python: To do this, do this
In Perl: To do this, do this or this or this or this...
In C: To do this, do this, but be careful
In C++: To do this, do this, but don't do this, be careful of this, watch out for this, and whatever you do, don't do this