[vtkusers] Brain structures segmentation with 3D Slicer

Marie Bonhoure mariebonhoure at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 22 11:07:15 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm new with VTK and 3D Slicer. My goal is to create 3D models of
pathological brains using 3D Slicer, and to store them into a database for
clinical diagnosis and training.
I've tried two methods in 3D Slicer: EM Segment and LevelSets and I had
wrong results with both of them. I've got crashes of 3d Slicer with the
LevelSets algorithm and I've got a simple cube (no anatomical shape) as a
result of EMSegment algorithm.  I must use wrong parameters for these two
methods (I use T1-weighted images og human brains). Does someone have any
idea on how to use these methods to segment brain structures ? Is there any
newsgroup dealing with this software ?
Thanks in advance :-)

Marie Bonhoure