[vtkusers] Re: TCL wrapping and MS Express 2005

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Dec 20 10:00:52 EST 2005

Stephen R. Aylward wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've compiled VTK with the free MS Express 2005.  Works great when the
> CMake generator is set to NMake.
>
> However, when I try to enable TCL wrapping, I get errors when running
> cmake.  The first is
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> C:.../vtkLocadCMakeExtensions.cmake:7
> LOAD_COMMAND Attempt to load the library
> C:.../VTK-MSER2005/CMake/cmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.dll failed.  Additional error
> info is: The specific module could not be loaded.
>
> Subsequent error reports seem related.
>
> The file C:.../VTK-MSER2005/CMake/cmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.dll does exist in the
> build directory.   I'm using CMake 2.2.3.  VTK 4.4.   ActiveState
> ActiveTCL 8.4.12.   Same CMake options built VTK, but now VTK_WRAP_TCL
> is turned on.
>

> Any suggestions / comments / hints?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I build static vtk5.0 libraries (VTK-5-0 cvs tag) with tcl wrapping
enabled but with the "Visual Studio 8 2005" cmake generator. I know
we've had trouble building vtk with versions less that 5.0 with this
generator.

Looking at the error though, there seems to be typo:
vtkLocadCMakeExtensions should be vtkLoadCMakeExtensions. Perhaps this
is the source of the problem.

hth

Goodwin