[vtkusers] Running example code on Mac OSX 10.3.2

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 15 12:37:55 EDT 2005

On 2005-08-15 12:27, ManWhoNever said:

>I have just installed VTK 4.2 on Mac OSX 10.3.2 (Panther) with Carbon
>ON and USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB set to ON as well.

Are you using 4.2 for a particular reason? Or just because it is the
"official release".  For working on the Mac, I recommend you use the
newest code from cvs.

>The installation worked fine and I set forth to compile the basic
>sphere example (C++) at http://vtk.org/example-code.php.
>
>I had to comment out the line
>
>aSphere->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,0,1); // sphere color blue
>
>because it spat out an declaration error ( SetColor' undeclared (first
>use this function) ). I ran the example as is on the webpage with all
>the includes.

Add: #include <vtkProperty.h>

>So now the compiled executable runs fine except the window does not
>possess any interaction. It is not draggable nor can I move the sphere
>around.
>
>Is there something  I missed while installing VTK ?

This is bug 2025, here:
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2025&pos=2>

please vote for it. :)

In the mean time, you can create a skeleton app bundle yourself and put
your compiled executable in it.  Let me know if you need details on this.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com