[vtkusers] Running example code on Mac OSX 10.3.2

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 15 13:26:56 EDT 2005

On 2005-08-15 12:53, ManWhoNever said:

>> Are you using 4.2 for a particular reason? Or just because it is the
>> "official release".  For working on the Mac, I recommend you use the
>> newest code from cvs.
>
>You're right - because it is the "official release". But I'll take
>your suggestion and try 4.4. Thanks.

No, not 4.4, the code from cvs (aka 4.5 or 5.0 or whatever it is :) )
See: <http://public.kitware.com/VTK/get-software.php#cvs>

>> This is bug 2025, here:
>> <http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2025&pos=2>
>>
>> please vote for it. :)
>
>I just did ! :)

Thanks!

>> In the mean time, you can create a skeleton app bundle yourself and put
>> your compiled executable in it.  Let me know if you need details on this.
>
>I would very much appreciate that.
>I'm new to VTK and Cocoa as well and learning both together. This
>would definitely be useful.

You said Carbon before, are you using Carbon or Cocoa?  Anyway, this
particular problem is the same with both.

So consider the executable 'Cylinder' that is in VTK/bin.  You want to
build a folder structure like this:
 /Cylinder.app
   /Contents
     /MacOS
       Cylinder (this is the executable!)

Then it'll work better.

BTW, you might want to read, though it is a bit out of date:
<http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2003/02/11/dev_osx.html>

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com