[vtkusers] Running example code on Mac OSX 10.3.2

ManWhoNever cingulate at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 12:27:52 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have just installed VTK 4.2 on Mac OSX 10.3.2 (Panther) with Carbon
ON and USE_SYSTEM_ZLIB set to ON as well.
The installation worked fine and I set forth to compile the basic
sphere example (C++) at http://vtk.org/example-code.php.

I had to comment out the line

aSphere->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,0,1); // sphere color blue

because it spat out an declaration error ( SetColor' undeclared (first
use this function) ). I ran the example as is on the webpage with all
the includes.

So now the compiled executable runs fine except the window does not
possess any interaction. It is not draggable nor can I move the sphere
around.

Is there something  I missed while installing VTK ?

Thanks in advance

-Ethan