[vtkusers] Re: Edge (region?) Visibility

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Aug 2 13:39:39 EDT 2005

Hi Juan,

You can have a look at a tcl example that backface culls polygons before
rendering... this allows you to count visible polygons or edges. Its here:

http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/BackfaceCull.tcl

If you need better performance, the cvs version of VTK backface culls
wireframes... if you render into the openGL feedback buffer you can
count the visible edges there (Look at how vtkGL2PSExporter does it).
This could be more hassle than its worth though.

If you'd like a stand alone exe to run the tcl file, try this:

http://www.bioengineering-research.com/vtk/vtkit.htm

hth

Goodwin