[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor and wxPython 2.5.2.8

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Sep 28 01:52:23 EDT 2004

    SN> Hi all, Last week I tried an upgrade from wxPython 2.4.2.4 to
    SN> 2.5.2.8 and found that the new wxPython version no longer
    SN> works properly with the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor class in
    SN> VTK (version 4.4).  On Linux (using either GTK 1.2 or GTK 2.x)
    SN> I get a grey pane on top of the VTK drawing area. I can
    SN> however still see a 1 pixel border of the vtk drawing area
    SN> which seems to get updated properly (if I run the demo in
    SN> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py and zoom in with my mouse I can
    SN> see parts of the 1-pixel border change from black to white).

    SN> Anybody having the same experience?

Yes, I see the same thing.  Its actually remarkable that the earlier
version works at all with 2.5.2.8.  A lot has changed in wxPython.  I
guess, we'll have to fix the widgets to work with both 2.4.x and
2.5.x.  I'll try and get this done sometime.  In the meanwhile you
might want to make a local copy of the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py
and try to fix it.

cheers,
prabhu