[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor and wxPython 2.5.2.8

Sander Niemeijer niemeijer at science-and-technology.nl
Mon Sep 27 12:48:17 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Last week I tried an upgrade from wxPython 2.4.2.4 to 2.5.2.8 and found
that the new wxPython version no longer works properly with the
wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor class in VTK (version 4.4).
On Linux (using either GTK 1.2 or GTK 2.x) I get a grey pane on top of
the VTK drawing area. I can however still see a 1 pixel border of the
vtk drawing area which seems to get updated properly (if I run the demo
in wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py and zoom in with my mouse I can see
parts of the 1-pixel border change from black to white).

Anybody having the same experience?

Suggestions for a fix?

Best regards,
Sander Niemeijer