[vtkusers] vtkcelllocator intersectwithline

xujf xujf at sjtu.edu.cn
Fri Sep 3 09:37:38 EDT 2004

hello,everyone:

   I want to get the point of intersection of the isosurface and the line.In order to get
the point of intersection,I use vtkCellLocator::IntersectWithLine.But error is found:
AttributeError:IntersectWithLine.

this is my code: (written by Python)

center=actor.GetCenter()    # center is start point of the line
point.append(pointx[k])     # point is end point of the line
point.append(pointy[k])
point.append(pointz[k])
celllocator.SetDataSet(self.marchingcube.GetOutput())
celllocator.IntersectWithLine(center,point,0.001,t,x,p,subId)   #here, t,x,p,subId are new variables
celllocator.BuildLocator()

I don\'t know exactly how to set the parameters in function IntersectWithLine() in python!

Best Regards!
xujf