[vtkusers] Exporting RIB components via vtkRIBExporter?

W.T. Bridgman William.T.Bridgman.1 at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Sep 3 10:01:55 EDT 2004

I can't find this in the mailing list archives, so let me make sure I'm
not trying to re-invent the wheel...

I'd like to use VTK to generate some isosurfaces and geometry for some
datasets, but then want to export the resulting objects into a RIB file
where the camera, lighting, texturing, and additional contextual
objects are controlled from another program.

Is there any practical way of exporting, say, just the polygons of an
isosurface to a RIB file?

Looking at the class docs, it looks like I could subclass
vtkRIBExporter to access some of the protected functions in C++, but
I'd prefer a python solution.

Ideas?  Pointers?  Sample code?

Thanks,
Tom
--
Dr. William T."Tom" Bridgman               Scientific Visualization
Studio