[vtkusers] Cell Picking to return FE element ID?

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Thu Oct 28 07:16:05 EDT 2004

Hi Steve

If the problem is due to cell decomposition for rendering, then using
vtkIdFilter upstream might help. Otherwise you'll have to assign IDs as cell
values when creating your unstructured grid (or when you write the UG file).
You can just use the pick ID as an index into the array of original IDs (in
cell-data scalars).

HTH
Malcolm