[vtkusers] problem with vtk on linux (debian) with opengl libs from

Meshulum Laks mlaks at verizon.net
Mon Oct 18 22:58:42 EDT 2004

Dear Mathieu,

I am very grateful for all of your help.
I jgave up. I ust pulled the 9800xt card and removed the ati radeon drivers
and installed a nvidia 5950 utra and ran the nvidia intaller and it ran
immediately.
Beautiful Cones!!!! no vtk problems!!
gears of 6000+ frames per second!!!

nvidia rules!!!

I probably could have gotten the ati working, but I really want to learn VTK
and ITK and build my open source dicom workstation for linux, not figure out
ati radeon drivers. So I am getting rid of the radeon- putting it in the
windows pc workstation that yielded the nvidia card, and I am glad I had both
to try.

You are a very kind and helpful person, and I look forward to asking
substantive vtk questions as I get through the examples.!!!
Thanks,
MItchell