[vtkusers] How to rename an object using tcl?

s comp sscomp2004 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 18 01:37:02 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am creating several unstructured grid objects with the one tcl script, and I want to process them all in the same way but not all at the same time, (so I will run the script once to look at one, and then again to look at another). Now of course all the unstructured grids have different names, but I would like to rename the one I am interested in for a particular run, so I don't have to change all the names in the several pipelines take it as input. I am not familiar with tcl so I am sure there is a simple answer to this question. Also how can I be sure that I am just creating a new pointer to the same object and not creating a new copy of it?

Thanks,

Sonam