[vtkusers] problem with vtk on linux (debian) with opengl libs from

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Oct 18 10:10:06 EDT 2004

Meshulum Laks wrote:
> One additional point
> I mention also that I clearly again have a satisfactory install of opengl for
> the ati radeon driver
> as when i run the application
> fgl_glxgears that was installed by the fglrx deb
> it again runs with speeds of 600frames/persecond
>
> It seems to be a problem with running vtk via these drivers itself
>
> is there a viable alternative, and what have others done...
> also how to trick debian apt to deal with this kind of shared library conflict
> in /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2 etc
> so that i can get my kde back?

Mitchell,

	Ok I reread the instructions on:

http://www.watchland.org/dmcgraw/ati-debian.html

	I think you should use alien to convert to tgz, extract at top level
'/', then go to /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod ...

HTH,
Mathieu
Ps: avoid aving multiple libGL in different directory, it just doesn't
make sense. Also if you used libGL.a at some point I'd suggest you
remove all your binaries, 'make clean' if you are paranoid.