[vtkusers] Mac Child Window Handling

Glen Lehmann glehmann at imaging.robarts.ca
Fri Oct 15 15:14:17 EDT 2004

Hi Karl,

You are correct, child widgets are not supported yet.  Carbon itself
does not support sub-windows within a Carbon window; however, the
HIToolbox was introduced in OS X 10.2 to provide a means of supporting
a hierarchal window structure via HIView.

Eventually, each vtkCarbonRenderWindow should be contained inside a
HIViewObject and multiple HIViewObjects could be supported.

AGL_BUFFER_RECTs are the way to go for now.

Cheers,
Glen