[vtkusers] Multiple Actors for Volume Rendering

jak4.scr at gmx.net jak4.scr at gmx.net
Fri Oct 15 13:38:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm currently trying to render two or more Volumes in with one renderer.
Unfortunatly there are 2 problems:
  a) when I use the vtkVolumeRayCastMapper (with
vtkVolumeRayCastCompositeFunction) one actor is always in front while the
other is always behind it (no matter how I rotate them). This doesn't happen
with the vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D.
  b) I want the raycasting to stop if we pass from the first actor (volume)
into the next one. Apparently this is somehow done by the
vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D (somehow because from the "front" i can't see the
actor (actor2) behind actor1 which is what I want, but after rotating until
actor2 is in front I can see actor1). The other problem is that because the
actors are very close to each other the bounding box of actor1 cuts into the
bounding box of actor2.

In short: I want to volume render two or more actors but don't I don't want
to be able to see actors lying behind a actor. How can I accomplish this?

Thank you for your time and input.

Regards
  Johannes

PS: Searched the vtk-users-mailing list but didn't find anything
appropriate.

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail