Antw: Re: [vtkusers] REPOST, (No Answer)- vtkImagePlaneWidget-TexturePlaneActor

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 17:45:36 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:21:33 +0100, Karl Fritscher
<karl.fritscher at umit.at> wrote:
> Thanks for your help!! In fact all I wanna do is saving the "output" of
> the texture plane actor. I tried
> imagePlaneWidget->GetTexture()->GetInput() and put this into a writer,
> but unfortunately the program crashes when the writer should start to
> write. Im very new to vtk and when you would have any idea concerning
> this problem, I would really appreciate your comments.

Let's keep this on the list.  That way more people could possibly help
and these posts might turn up in searches later.

Can you show the few lines of code you used to write the input of the
vtkTexture?  Something like this should do the trick (untested Python,
translation to C++ straight-forward):

writer = vtk.vtkPNGWriter()
writer.SetInput(imagePlaneWidget->GetTexture()->GetInput())
writer.SetFileName('thetexture.png')
writer.Write()