[vtkusers] Problems linking in Visual Studio Net :(

Folken Fanel folken11 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 16:01:37 EST 2004

Hi, I have recently discovered VTK and I'm trying to install it in
Visual Studio Net. The problem is that when I try to compile an
example, VS always give me the following linking error:

------ Build started: Project: prova, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Linking...
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall vtkRenderWindowInteractor::SetRenderWindow(class
vtkRenderWindow *)"
(?SetRenderWindow at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@$$FQAEXPAVvtkRenderWindow@@@Z)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall vtkRenderer::AddActor(class vtkProp *)"
(?AddActor at vtkRenderer@@$$FQAEXPAVvtkProp@@@Z)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: class
vtkPolyData * __thiscall vtkPolyDataSource::GetOutput(void)"
(?GetOutput at vtkPolyDataSource@@$$FQAEPAVvtkPolyData@@XZ)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
__thiscall vtkPolyDataMapper::SetInput(class vtkPolyData *)"
(?SetInput at vtkPolyDataMapper@@$$FQAEXPAVvtkPolyData@@@Z)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkRenderWindowInteractor * __cdecl
vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New(void)"
(?New at vtkRenderWindowInteractor@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkPolyDataMapper * __cdecl vtkPolyDataMapper::New(void)"
(?New at vtkPolyDataMapper@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkRenderWindow * __cdecl vtkRenderWindow::New(void)"
(?New at vtkRenderWindow@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkConeSource * __cdecl vtkConeSource::New(void)"
(?New at vtkConeSource@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkRenderer * __cdecl vtkRenderer::New(void)"
(?New at vtkRenderer@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)
prova.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static
class vtkActor * __cdecl vtkActor::New(void)"
(?New at vtkActor@@$$FSAPAV1 at XZ)
C:\project1\prova\Release\prova.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10
unresolved externals

What can I do? I'm sure it has a simple solution, but I don't have
experience using VC and I can't see it! Please help.

Thank you.