[vtkusers] volume rendering of medical data

Chandna, Sandeep (Research, Non-ge) sandeep.chandna at ge.com
Thu May 27 04:05:46 EDT 2004

Hi,
	I am doing a project in the field of medical imaging in VTK . I am quiet new to VTK . I have to render a volume (3d) and have to allow user to select points in 3d space, ie user can see the rendered volume and click anywhere and that point ( in near vicinity ) should be selected . I have to get the 3d coordinates of that particular point from the 2d display. The display can be rotated abt any axis so the selection is based on what is visible at any point of time in 2d.
	Can somebody tell me what all classes in VTK will be of help and where can I get a refrence manual for them. The documentation for VTK generated by DOxygen is quiet complex to understand , is there any other doc available on the web.

Regards